Grandma Barb’s This and That

Monday, November 12, 2012

Who Let the Witches Out

Ok,  I know Halloween is over.  But my friend, Sue, and I went to a table setting luncheon on Saturday.  There were 20 tables settings created either by individuals or groups.  They were all fun and creative.  There were two set up with Halloween decor and I will show those today.

The  title of the first one is

I love the spider napkin ring.

One of the cute witches that got out!



Love what they did to the back of the chairs


The second table was just called Halloween.


The witches


The back of these chairs each had a black mask



We were served a delicious lunch of:
Blueberry Salad
Ham and Broccoli Casserole
Homemade Rolls
Cream Puffs

I am linking this to Marty's 141st Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life.

Next week I will show the Thanksgiving Tables and after that the Christmas Tables.

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful week.

Until next time.

Barb

20 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i do like the chairs decorated as witchies. :)

Diana LaMarre said...

Oh, I would have LOVED to attend this event! They really put a lot of effort into that Halloween table. What a great way to dress up those folding chairs.

The menu sounded good, too.

I hope you show us the other 19 tables. :)

Beth said...

The chairs decorated as witches are awesome!

Deanna said...

I love to go to luncheons like this where not only is the food good but the table decorations are so fun. Thanks for sharing!!

Debbie said...

oh i just can't tell you how much i love this!!

really looking forward to the next ones!!

perhaps there will be some ideas we can use for thanksgiving and christmas!!

Carletta said...

Love the witch hat and legs on the back of the chairs!
The mask was very nice too.
Seems like a great event.

BTW: Thanks for asking about following me. Someone else did after you so I've added the follower widget you can click on when you return next time.

Carole M. said...

wow what an interesting display to visit. Very creative and I'm looking forward to the others you post Barb'. The meal sounds delicious too

The Cranky said...

That looks like such fun and so creative!

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Barb,
I wish I could attend the party like that♡♡♡ First picture and the one with chairs are fascinating!!!
Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Unknown said...

What fun! The chair backs made me laugh, so cute!

Anonymous said...

A lovely gathering of 'not so wicked witches'
Looks like they all had a brunchon of fun ~:)

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Very cute! And the lunch sounds delicious!

SImple and Serene Living said...

This looks like so much fun. Barb, I love those witches hats on the chairs. :)

Hugs,
Laura

Rose said...

Those chairs were just too cute for words...whoever thinks up stuff like that is brilliant.

Jori said...

So cute!! The chairs decorated like witches, and the spider napkin rings are my favorite!

don said...

A fine series of these novel cable decorations. Nice post.

EG CameraGirl said...

So creative! What a fun way to get together with friends.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Some folks are so creative! Love the chairs dressed as witches- very cool!

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

This is great! How fun!
How are you??? I hope well....
I am full steam ahead designing for my retail shops and my online shop. I just posted some holiday designs and I am proud to announce my brother is now selling his beautiful vintage wood signs in my online shop. His Christmas signs are beautiful!
Wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving with your family.
Huge hugs and much love~
Lisa xo

eileeninmd said...

What a fun time, love all the tablescapes. I think the chairs are really cute!