Grandma Barb’s This and That

Monday, November 19, 2012

Table Setting Luncheon #2

Here are 3 of the tables that were set for Thanksgiving at the luncheon I attended.  The first one is called An Irish Heritage.   It looks very appropriate for a Thanksgiving Tablescape.



I love the pine cones and fruit in the lanterns 


They used burlap and wheat on the back of the chairs.


The next table is called Season of Grace.
Lots of purple in this one



The centerpiece was a beautiful tiered fruit plate.


The backs of the chairs were covered with green mesh and a dried hydrangea


This last table was called Let Us Give Thanks and it was the table my friend
Sue and I sat at.


The centerpiece was a beautiful fall bouquet.  You can't see
but the plates, cups and sauces had a wheat design around the edges.
The gal that did the table has about 20 sets of dishes.  She said she and her husband
use them all.  I said the hardest part of fixing dinner must be deciding which dishes to use.


This last picture is a little hard to recognize.  It is of the top of the back
of the chair.  Sitting on the chair is a gift basket that each of us
received.  In it are tea bags, hot chocolate packets,
and a jar of homemade pumpkin bread mix.


I hope you got some inspiration for your Thanksgiving tables by seeing these.  Next I will show the Christmas tables.

I am linking to the 142nd Table Top Tuesday


Thanks for stopping by and have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Until next time

Barb

30 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am SO not a decorator - especially for holidays. the tables w/ so much stuff on them would bother me.

Anonymous said...

What pretty tablescapes. It would be hard to choose a favorite, and I love the goodie bags.

Judy said...

Each one is so beautiful! I can't wait to see the Christmas ones.

Olive said...

I like that purple one. They are all composed very well.

andrea@townandprairie said...

What a beautiful luncheon! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Barb!!

renae said...

Barb! yes! THANK YOU for the ideas and the great photographs. many times i get in a decor info mood and other times i just want white napkins, red solo cups and FOOOOD! hahahaha.

these are great ideas here, tho. i love to see the creativity of others and it does spur new ideas in me.

:D

Mari said...

I'm no good at this type of thing and I love seeing what other people come up with. Very pretty!

Carole M. said...

each lovely in their own right Barb and Season of Grace really takes my eye; it looks so inviting and 'out there'. You could hardly sit down to that setting and feel glum!

Kathy said...

My Thanksgiving is never quite so elegant! But of all the table settings, I think I like the first one best - although I'm not sure if the Irish celebrate Thanksgiving!

Christine said...

Their all so pretty and inspiring, thank you for sharing them...

xoxo
Christine

The Cranky said...

They are all lovely! I, however, am just not that good....I'll probably stick one of my stocking pumpkins and a couple of candles on the table and that will be it, lol.

Diana LaMarre said...

I have the same dishes as table #1 and also a set of wheat dishes similar to the table you sat at.

They are all lovely. Eagerly waiting to see the Christmas ones.

Nancy said...

Lots of great ideas for those that decorate for the season -- very generous goody bag too. :)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Barb, What amazing tablescapes. I love seeing the ideas used and the displays. Love the chair accents and I do this too at Christmas. Thank you for sharing this inspiration.
Wishing you a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

I like the burlap covered chairs the best, lots of good ideas there!
Happy Thanksgiving, Dorothy

Jori said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Barb!! Beautiful tables! I agree with you, the fruit and pine cones are fabulous in the lanterns!

EG CameraGirl said...

I love the look of An Irish Heritage. Really nice.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Good ideas- all! You sure do get to see some gorgeous table settings!

Prims By The Water said...

Love these tablescapes. So inspiring! Thanks for sharing and happy Thanksgiving to you Barb. Janice

My Little Home and Garden said...

I think the first and last settings are my favourite.

Barb, I'm wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

-Karen

Rose said...

Oh my goodness...they were beautiful!

Rose said...

In case I don't get back, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a fun luncheon...the tables are beautiful! My favorite is the Irish Heritage!

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Barb,
Wow, what a wonderful table setting for Thanksgiving♡♡♡ Thank you very much for sharing these beautiful pictures☆☆☆
It is SO different from Japanese one.

Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

A Colorful World said...

All of these are so creative and lovely! A very interesting post with some wonderful ideas!

momto8 said...

oh how lovely!! thanks for the inspiration!!

The Farmers Daughter said...

They are all so beautiful, but I think my fav is the first one--love anything with burlap! Wonderful photos, as usual!

Rosemary Aubut said...

Barb this is an awesome post! Thanks for sharing all of these inspiring ideas! Sure the food was awesome too!

Debbie said...

oh i would just love to attend this!! so happy i remembered to go back to see the second installment!!

Liz said...

Wow! These are so wonderful Barb! So much creativity went in to all of these. i'm afraid I'm not that creative at all.
I do hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.