Grandma Barb’s This and That

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Abby and Brittany

I first saw Abby and Brittany in the grocery store in Waconia when I lived there.  I couldn't believe my eyes as they walked down the isle toward me.  They are conjoined twins. They smiled and said hi as I stared at them wide eyed.
Several years later they babysat my grandkids for 2 summers. I got to meet them and am amazed at what these girls can do.  It was fun to watch them work together and use the computer.  Many times they would give the same answer at the same time to a question.

They are staring in a reality show starting tonight on TLC at either 8 or 9 pm.  If you want to be amazed at what these conjoined twins can do, watch the show.  Let me know what you think.  You can read a little about them and see a video  here.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/11/conjoined-twins-abby-and-brittany-hensel_n_1760552.html

Barb

19 comments:

Beth said...

OH, I feel so sad for them! And yet they look happy!

Brian King said...

Wow! Incredible! Makes my problems seem rather insignificant.

TexWisGirl said...

i saw a feature of them on msn.com a few weeks ago. so glad you have known them in person.

Anonymous said...

I have watched specials about them in the past and they have such a great attitude. How grand that you and your family know them. I'll do my best to watch the special! Thx.

andrea@townandprairie said...

Amazing. I'm beyond speechless. And we think that we have to have a stiff upper lip sometimes. Just wow.

Mari said...

I saw a special on them a year or so ago. They are really amazing!

Anonymous said...

I am currently watching their show on TLC. What poise and determination they have. They and their friends remind me very much of my college days - lots of giggles and friendships made to last a lifetime. Thx for telling us about the show.

Kerin said...

Looking forward to seeing these amazing girls in action!
They are an inspiration!!

K.

The Nature Jotter said...

I darling!
I decided to invite you into a contest!
All the infos here: http://thenaturejotter.blogspot.it/2012/08/capture-colour-contest.html

My Little Home and Garden said...

They are remarkable young women.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

They are strong and determined young ladies- I have heard much about them.

Diana LaMarre said...

I have seen the commercials. They seem so happy and fun loving. We should all strive to have such an attitude!

Deanna said...

Well, how special that you know them and have spent time with them. I have heard and seen info about them...thanks for sharing this bit of info!!

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

What amazing girls they are!
How wonderful to know them.
Hope all is well with you.
Looking forward to Fall and MORE photos from you! :)
Lisa xoxo

momto8 said...

I have never seen conjoined twins...sounds pretty remarkable..wow!!
ant BTW...we all went for a long long bke ride yesterday...to look at barns.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh Barb, wish I would have seen this earlier. wonder if they will reair it? It's amazing what conjoined twins can do.
Hugs,
Jann

Rosemary Aubut said...

Wow how wonderful! Incredible!

EG CameraGirl said...

Amazing! They really have to share each other's lives!

A Colorful World said...

It sounds like they have a great attitude about life. That's wonderful!