Grandma Barb’s This and That

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Is it a Meteor or an Asteroid?

No, it's a jet and it's contrail streaking across the cold Minnesota sky.




I had my 3rd sleep study Thursday night and I was hoping for some early morning shots on the way home.  But the roads were so icy and I had a big truck behind me so I didn't dare pull over.
When I got out of the car at home I saw this jet streaking across the sky.  Sad that it's the best photo I could get this last week.  I did get a couple of videos though of falling snow.  Carole over at Caroles Creative Corner in Australia  wanted to see some falling snow.  I will post one or two next week.

I got my mom moved to the nursing home yesterday.  She was still in so much pain and they have given her all the pain meds they can without going to morphine.  They think it is muscle spasms caused by small stress fractures in her back and that just takes time to heal. I have to get over to see how she is doing today.

Well I hope you are all having a good weekend.  Thanks for stopping by!  See you next time.

Barb


16 comments:

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Glad to read that your mum is getting the medication she needs Barbara.

I am sure that you are happier she is in the nursing home where they can look afer her and keep her comfortable

I hope she will be better soon.

Great photo!

Have a good weekend.

x Fiona

Anonymous said...

Barb I'm sorry your Mom has to endure any pain especially at her age. Life does not play fair at times.

Great capture of the plane and contrail. I wonder if it was Air Force One? the President was flying to Florida.

be well and happy ~:)

Beth said...

I am so sorry that your mom is suffering. I hope she gets better soon.

I like the pic of the jet. Great shot.

TexWisGirl said...

your poor mom. i hope the pain can subside. i know this must be stressing you out. sleep studies can't help, either! :(

Pamela Gordon said...

This is s great photo Barb. I'm sorry your mother is in so much pain. I hope they will take good care of her and can make her comfortable. Take care of yourself. Blessings, Pamela

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

You are a good daughter to make sure your Mom is getting the best care possible. That is good news that it will just take time to heal, but so difficult for your Dear Mom, and for you, until then. I hope she recovers quickly.

Love your 'asteroid'.

Hope the rest of your weekend is quiet and stress free. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hope your mother gets the pain taken care of soon... God bless her! How'd the sleep study go?

My Little Home and Garden said...

I hope the sleep study went well for you, Barb. I'm sorry to hear that your mom is in pain. It's hard to see a parent suffer and I hope she feels better once settled.

Please take care of yourself,
Karen

Karen Lakis said...

Pain like your mom is suffering must be so difficult for both of you. I really hope time will help ease that. The shot of the plane in the sky is really great - I know what you mean about driving on icy road with someone behind. Better safe. I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Debbie said...

oh your poor mom, have they ever mentioned a baclofen pump for her?? they work wonders for muscle spasms.

pretty image, these are always exciting to see!!

Judy said...

Is that not crazy what happened? Now every time we look in the sky and see something are we going to wonder what it is?

I'm so sorry to hear your mom is in so much pain. I do hope she feels better soon.

Jori said...

Very interesting photo! Love it!

I'm so sorry about your mother. I hope her pain is under control.

Carole M. said...

you would've been disappointed Bar' not being able to stop for pics on your way home; I can imagine that happening. Never mind, there'll be another early day; I like your contrail photograph. Sounds like your Mum is in the right place again; take care and I look forward to your snow photographs coming up

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope your Mom gets some relief soon. Great photo! :)

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now. I hope you can still find some time to relax and take care of yourself.

Rose said...

I can sure relate to what you are dealing with...it is like there is always some sort of stress in our lives.