Grandma Barb’s This and That

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Awards

Last week I was awarded, not one, but 3 awards from Cheryl at The Farmers Daughter.  Thank you Cheryl.   She is from Missouri and has beautiful photos of nature, old barns and anything that catches her eye as she travels the road of life.  Please stop by and see her.  You won't be disappointed.

She has awarded me  the Sunshine Award.
It seems that in order to accept this award I must answer a few questions.

Favorite color:  Green
Favorite animal:  Puppies
Favorite number: 13, its my lucky number
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Mochas, which I can't afford very often
Prefer Facebook or Twitter?  I don't do either        
My passion:   My family
Prefer getting or giving presents:   Giving. I love the hunt for the perfect gift for someone.
Favorite pattern: Stripes
Favorite day of the week:  Every day since I retired
Favorite flower:  Hydrangeas

The second award is the Genuine Blogger Award.  There are no stipulations attached to this award and I am proud to accept it.


 

The third award is the Hug (Hope Unites Globally) Award.  It must be passed along to at least one other person.  You can find out more about the Hug Award Here

I am passing along these 3 awards to the following 3 bloggers:

Art, Books, Tea.  Cindy is a writer and artist who lives in Ohio.  She loves animals and has 3 cats who write their own blog.  I have known Cindy since last fall when I visited a lighthouse near her in Ohio.  She saw my picture of it and contacted me.

My Little Home and Garden   Karen lives in Canada and loves gardening, flowers, and travel.  She has some wonderful pictures of her trip to Europe.  We discovered each other because of our love of gardening.  She also hosts a weekly meme called Sunlit Sundays.  Check it out.

My Heart Song. Geneva lives in Texas and is retired like me.  Her blog is about transitioning into retirement, her faith, family and fun.  I'm not sure how or when I found her blog but we have been friends ever since.

I hope you will visit these blogs and tell them that Grandma Barb sent you.

Until next time, have a great day!


Barb






8 comments:

momto8 said...

congrts to you! funny retirement remark.
#13 is a good day in the Catholic church...It is the day The Blessed Mother appeared to the children at Fatima

Dianna said...

Congrats on your awards! Don't you just love Cheryl?!
Thanks for visiting my blog today and commenting!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

It was fun to learn a little more about you, Barb!

Nancy said...

Congratulations Barb. Well deserved and I like getting to know more about you. 13 is my lucky number as well. :)

don said...

Congrats on the recognition of your blog work. Three very good awards.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Barbara,

Congratulations on your awards.

My favorite color is green too! :-)

Dee

My name is Riet said...

Wow, three awards, congratulations.

Cindy Adkins said...

Thank you so much, Barb, and congratuations on 3 awards! My fav color is green, also, and I love hydrangeas! Thanks for thinking of me and I happily accept these awards. Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Cindy