Grandma Barb’s This and That

Thursday, September 15, 2011

More in the Garden than I thought.

My neighbor came over the other day and asked if I would like some hostas.  I thought why not, I can use something behind my garage.  There's nothing there except moss.  So today I went out to plant them.  I was going to dig up some purple flowers that are taking over in the garden and plant them between the hostas.  But when I went to dig them up there was a humming bird on them, so I left them there for now.


No this is not the hummingbird







He was flitting around so fast it was hard to catch him, but I did get a couple of pictures.  Not the best but you can see him/her.



I had another pleasant surprise as I walked around the corner of the garage.  Two baby Morning Doves snuggled in the weeds garden.



One did get up and walk a little ways but the other one sat in the same spot all afternoon.



Last but not least my sedum is looking better every day.



Well that's it from my garden today.

I'm linking to Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Flora Thursday

Until next time

Barb

6 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I love it when others share the birds and wildlife in their gardens. Even insects are nice to view, it just means an eco system is in place with lots of activity.
The light pink colour of your sedum is very nice.
Judith

Larry said...

Aren't the little doves special? I found a couple little ones in our gardens this summer as well. Thanks for your visits to my blog! Larry

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Barb,
Your purple flowers look like Obedient plant. It really does take over. Yours is a very pretty color. It looks like you have a lot of pretty pinks blooming right now.

What fun to see baby doves and a hummingbird. You were so nice to leave the flowers for the little hummer.

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

Thanks for visiting my blog....
especially since I founds yours now (I just joined your site).
Beautiful photos.... LOVE LOVE LOVE the flowers...
Cheers to new blog friends!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Lisa
Bilancia Designs

Raindrops and Daisies said...

I love the doves.

Your garden looks great.

The sedum is so pretty.

Happy Gardening!

sharon said...

Don't you just love seeing hummingbirds! We usually have a lot of them but for sure have only had a few this year??? The doves are precious too!