Grandma Barb’s This and That

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gift Bags using chalk board paint

After seeing Amy at WhisperWood Cottage making paper chalk boards (see her tutorial here)  I decided to try some myself.  I had several paper bags, some with store logos and some without, and decided to try making chalk board paint gift bags.  I just painted over the store logos and used a mirror to draw an oval on the ones without logos.  After letting the paint cure for 24 hours, I used the side of a piece of chalk to condition the paint.

After the paint was conditioned, I decorated the bags with tissue paper, ribbons and little gift tags that I had.  You can write whatever you want on the bags and use them for any occasion.

Here are the results.






And there you have it.  I'm linking up to Amy's Chalk Board Linky PartyCheck it out.



Happy chalk board painting.
Barb

3 comments:

dottimae said...

Love this idea! some stores have really great bags, why not recycle!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is such a cute project! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment about the Ideas House! It was a lot of fun, wasn't it?

Miss Kitty said...

Hi! I saw your post over at the Chalk Talk party. What a great way to re-use perfectly good bags with store logos on them. I am definatly going to copy you and use your idea soon. Thanks for sharing.