Grandma Barb’s This and That

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Awards

Recently I've received two awards.  The first one is the Sunshine Award from Cherry at Cherry's...In the Garden and More.  She has beautiful flower gardens at her Savannah, GA home.  Thank you Cherry.


The second award I received is from Jo Jo's This and That.  She is a retired art teacher and very creative.  Thank you Jo.


I'm going to combine these 2 awards into one post and pass them on to the same people.

The Sunshine Blog Award is a prize awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”
As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
  • Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
  • Answer the questions below.
  • Pass on the award to 5 bloggers you like, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
so here we go with the Sunshine Award....
 
1. Favorite color -  Green.  If you look in my closet you will see a lot of green clothes.

2.  Favorite Animal - I don't have any pets but if I did, I would have to say dog or cat.  I really do love watching birds though.

3.
 Favorite Number - 13 I was born on Friday the 13th and was the only child my mother was able to have so it has to be lucky for me

4.
 Favorite non-alcoholic drink - Mocha coffee.  Hot in winter and cold in summer

5.
 Facebook or Twitter - Neither, but am considering starting a Facebook account

6.
 My passion - taking photographs of barns and rural areas..  But all of you who follow regularly know that.  

7.
 Getting or Giving Presents - I love giving presents.  I just wish I had more money so I could do more of that.

8.
 Favorite Pattern - Stripes

9.
 Favorite Day of the Week - All of them since I have retired.

10.  Favorite Flower - This is a hard one because I love so many.  To name a few would be peonies, hydrangeas, lilacs

Now on to the Kreativ Award.   For this award I must come up with seven interesting things about myself.  I don't know how interesting these are but here goes.

1.  I have a weird sense of humor. 

2.  I play flute (not very well) in a community band. It had been 40 some years since I had played when I joined the band.


3.  I have lived in small towns, large cities, and a farm and enjoyed each one.


4.  I love traveling but have not traveled outside the US.


5.  I have 4 daughters.  3 were born within a year.  I had a girl in February and then twin girls the next January.  Boy was I busy!


6.  I graduated from collage when I was 51 years old.


7.  I love water aerobics, especially deep water, in the summer and Yoga in the winter.


I am giving these awards to the following 5 people.  I hope you will visit their blogs and say hi.  I hope you will visit both Cherry and Jo to.

1.  Elaine at Artic View.  Elaine and her husband live in Alaska. She has beautiful photos of scenes from the North Country. And a lot of good information too!

2.  Kerin at Always Fixn' Never Sittin'.  She and her husband are fixing up their place in Utah so they are quite busy.  She always ends her posts with her "Attitude of Gratitude".

3.  Joy of Joy's Jots, Shots, & Whatnots.  I recently met Joy when she was sharing photos of beautiful vacation spots in the New England area.  (My favorite place to visit).  She and her husband recently took a 400 mile garage sale trip too!

4.  Tammy at Tammy's Photography Spot.  Tammy has wonderful bird and nature photos.  She has been published in her local newsaper, selected as editors choice in a magazine photo contest and featured in National Geographic's "My Shot".

5.  Elaine at 365 Days.  Elain likes taking photos of old barns and nature and she has some wonderful ones!  My kind of gal!

Thanks again to Cherry and Jo for the Awards.  I hope you will stop  over and visit all these gals.

Well, I hope I haven't bored you will all my personal information.

I tried to finish this post last night and was receiving error messages and couldn't do anything on my blog.  I found out it is a Firefox issue and so I am using Internet Explorer.  So if you are having issues using Firefox, try Internet Explorer.

Have a great day.  Until next time.


Barb

















12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nice to know more about you! whew! 3 girls in one year! yikes! i do know you have a good sense of humor. :)

you picked some good folks to pass on the awards to - i know 3 of them well. :)

congrats to you, dear barb, and to your awardees!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

My jaw is on the ground! 3 in one year??!! WOW!

Kerin said...

Hi Barb!
Congratulations to you in receiving both of these awards!!
You deserve them!!

Boy was I ever surprised and flattered that you included me in your award list.
However I respectfully decline, as I have maintained my blog as an award free and tag free blog.

I loved reading your answers!
I will now stop feeling sorry for myself for having 3 children in 4 years~~~LOL!!!

I too love giving presents and wish that I'd win the publishers sweepstakes... then I'd give until my arms fell off :)

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Your friend...
Kerin

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So fun to learn more about you...and three girls in a year...that was a huge WOW! Probably why you have a weird sense of humor LOL!

Carole M. said...

I've learnt that we're both 'only' kids Barb and wow, that's quite the challenge, bringing home twins with a still under one at home; well done!

Brian King said...

Congratulations on your awards! Well deserved!

My Little Home and Garden said...

Congratulations, Barb!

Robyn said...

Congratulations on your awards, Barb. I think the "get to know me better" questions are kind of fun!

Your beautiful flowers look like they bring you lots of joy.

Mari said...

I loved reading more about you. 3 kids in one year - I'm impressed! I have a friend who was told she couldn't have kids. After 7 years of marriage they had a surprise pregnancy, and then 1 year later they had surprise twins, so she could relate to you!
Good for you for graduating college at 51!

Elaine said...

Congrats on your awards Barb, and thanks for passing them on to me. I've been busy the last little while, so it may take me a while to get a response up. I had twin girls after having three boys in four years, so can understand a bit on that busy part!

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Hi Barb, I'm behind on catching up with the blogs I follow and just now found out about your awards. Congrats! Thanks for the honor of recognizing my blog. I'll try to honor the rules and pass them on if I can find some bloggers that haven't been awarded yet. Thank-you so much. I only hope I can keep inspiring.

CameraCruise said...

Congrats on your well deserved awards.
Three girls in a year. And I thought I was busy having twins.