Grandma Barb’s This and That

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sunshine and New Thrift Store Find


Karen over at My Little Home and Garden is having a new Sunday Linky Party called Sunlit Sunday.  When I walked into my living room this afternoon the sun was shining on my newest thrift store find.  So I thought I would join the party and show off my newest treasure.  


I told myself I was not going to the Thrift Store until I got rid of a few things.   Well I just couldn't help myself as I was driving by the other day.  And here is what I found.  This beautiful glass vase for $5.00.  They had just brought it out in a cart and hadn't even set it on the shelf yet and it jumped right into my cart.
I love the way the light is shining off it and making little sparkles on the floor.
The stuff in the vase came with it and I haven't decided yet what I'm going to put in it.


Here are a couple more pictures.






I also like the way the sun is shining on the floor and the magazine rack.  The table in front of the window is a new treasure too and I will tell you about it in my next post.





For now I am joining Karen at My Little Home and Garden here for Sunlit Sunday 
and 
Debbiedoos Newbie Party

I hope you all have a great week!

Until next time,
Barb

17 comments:

Carole M. said...

well done Barb; love the sunlit photo and your new treasure, but excellent shift on your blog name etc. Was it painless afterall?

My Little Home and Garden said...

Thanks so much for joining in, Barb! I love the way the light plays around your new vase; it's like little jewels have been scattered about. You and I have something in common;I never tire of watching the sunlight move around my living room, highlighting different objects (or bits of dust!) as it travels. Have a lovely Sunday!
-Karen

Diana LaMarre said...

That is a lovely vase. How about putting tall branches for the winter...a big armload of forsytheia would be so prettty in the spring....endless possibilities. You will have lots of fun filling it.

Linda said...

Great thrift store find that would be very hard to pass up. Lovely photo for Sunlit Sunday.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Lovely photos! Have a grand Sunday!!! Cathy

sharon said...

I love the vase and know how it is when things just jump into your basket at those stores! LOL
Love the new blog name!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Great thrift find and photo.
I was checking out the chair as closely as possible - I have one very similar that was a wedding present my parents received. We had it recovered and it sits in the bedroom, one of the few pieces of furniture that was worth saving.

Kentish Keg-Meg said...

Great find. The vase is sparkling in the sunshine.

Pondside said...

I'd have had a hard time resisting it too - we all need a little sparkle when all the decorations have been put away.

Mary said...

I'm new to your blog! Thanks for sharing your great thrift find! I love when that happens. You could put pussy willows in it for spring. Have a great week!

art by wendy said...

WoW! I love your photography! the lighthouses are amazing! Thanks for following me and stopping by my blog, I am finding so many wonderful blogs out there I didn;t know about! I am your newest follower!

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

OOOOoooOOO.... I see why you couldn't resist buying this! I love it! I'm your newest fan. Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance!

Cindy Adkins said...

I love it, Barb! That sounds like an interesting link party - I'll have to check it out. I really like that table, too, so look forward to hearing about it. I was looking for your blog this morning and at first couldn't remember the new name! lol...Have a great week, my friend!
Cindy

outjunking said...

Just found your blog and found it to be delightful. I looked around and really and really like it.
So I'm your newest follower,
Lisa

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Pretty vase and pretty picture. :)

CameraCruise said...

Great shots!
Your vase is beautiful!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Love that table. My grandmother had one of those. I beleive it was oak. You don't see them much anymore and certainly not with the rollers on the feet.