Grandma Barb’s This and That

Friday, November 18, 2011

Table and Chair Redo

Update


This is an update of one of my very first posts when I started blogging.  (Only 3 pictures and a few words.  Hope I've improved)   Anyway, I'm joining  Before Blogging Throughback Thursdays linky party  to show off something done before starting to blog.  Since refinishing the table I have been using it in my little dining nook and have used it for many table settings.  You can see my Thanksgiving tabletop below.



This table and 4 chairs have been sitting in my basement for years.  I finally  got around to painting them and I love them in my little dining nook.

                                                                      Before

                                                                            
                                                                             After

                                                                                
                                

That was the extent of the post.


Here is the latest tablescape.  It's my Thanksgiving table.  A very elegant  simple one since I am going to my
daughter's for Thanksgiving.  No cooking for me!  Well I do have to bring a salad if that counts.












Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

     I'm also sharing this with
  

 DebbieDoos Newbie Party

and

Freshmen Friday at Home Savvy A to Z




 
Barb
                                                                                                                        



                                                                                 

15 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! That old table and chairs turned out great! Can't wait to see more of your stuff!! :)

laxsupermom said...

I love the refinished table! It looks terrific! And it looks beautiful decorated. Thanks for sharing and for linking to my party.

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Barb! Wow - that table redo is awesome! I'm wondering what type of paint you used? I thought it looked like you'd stripped and stained it! Also, your fall tablescape is beautiful!
Cindy

Patty Marker said...

What a great tranformation and the table setting is beautiful. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jennifer said...

THey look so fresh and modern! I love it! You did a great job! Would you link it up to my party?

http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2011/11/latest-and-greatest-friday-6-and.html

Anonymous said...

Love how your table came out! and I love how you have it decorated now, the scarbble words are the best! What a clever idea. Thank you visiting my blog, your very kind words and becoming a follower, I am now one of your followers, isn't it nice how that works?

Andrea said...

Great job on your table! Question for you, what paint color did you use and did you add some poly on top? I am going to re-do mine and am just curious on how to do it.
Over from Debbie's Newbie going to look around a little. Come on over if you have time
http://ourbluefrontdoor.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend,
Andrea

Debbiedoos said...

You done good barb! Your table looks fantastic! I love the basket under it too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Sherry said...

You did a wonderful job on your table, I like your Thanksgiving layout and how you placed your arrangement under the table. I found you through Debbiedoos's please drop by for a visit.

Geneva said...

Barb, I LOVE posts like this, with such dramatic before/after pictures. Your table and chairs look so nice and you have styled them beautifully! Wishing You and Yours and very Happy Thanksgiving!

Terriea Kwong said...

Very elegant transformation and pretty table setting. Believe you've a great Thanksgiving.
Terrie from Hong Kong

Betty Jo said...

Your table and chairs turned out beautifully. It looks gorgeous with your Thanksgiving decor. Thanks for dropping by my new blog and commenting. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Betty Jo said...

PS: I'm your newest follower!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, the table redo is fabulous, it turned out so pretty. I love the color. Your vignette is stunning, such lovely dishes and accessories. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining the party and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

Michelle@Crazy For Crafts said...

Wow! The table and decorations look great. I especially like the "Give Thanks" Scrabble tiles.